Those of you who were around last fall should remember that The Corp started an awesome music and art festival, combining Georgetown-based acts and professional headliners. I wasn’t there personally, but I heard it was awesome.
Well, The Corp is bring back this event again THIS SATURDAY Sept. 12. From 12 p.m. until the last act blows you away, all Hoyas can enjoy some awesome music, some insanly creative art and a bunch of fun activities. This year, The Corp has partnered with a few other Georgetown groups to make this event more collaborative and more intrinsic to the Georgetown experience.
After meeting with the people in charge of this awesome event, 4E has determined the top 10 reasons why this is the can’t miss event of the semester:
1. The Food. The Corp has not spared any expenses when it comes to the most important thing in all our lives, food. they are going to have a ton of local food trucks and eateries there to fill your mid-Kickback hunger. It is rumored that among these trucks will be Rito Loco, Swizzlr and Captain Cookie.
2. Zipcar Membership. As part of this year’s Kickback, The Corp is working with Zipcar to provide discounted Zipcar memberships for those Hoyas who attend the festival and feel the need for a membership. But, in reality, who doesn’t need a car? Hello… trips to Costco?!
3. Flash Tats & Water Balloons. To make this event even more exciting, WGTB Georgetown radio will be providing both flash tattoos. I repeat: FLASH TATS. The Corp is providing water balloons, so basically anything could happen. Also, there will be water guns, hola hoops and other random things all provided by Zipcar. I have no idea what we are going to do with all this, but I do know that it will be fantastic.
4. Down Dog Yoga. At around noonish, Down Dog Yoga will be providing a free class on the lawn for anyone in attendance. Who wouldn’t want to start their day with some meditation and tree pose?!
5. Instagram Opportunities. The backdrop of Copley makes the perfect frame for your #nofilter Instagram. If that wasn’t enough, The Hoya (hay) is having some of our professional photographers take photos of people on the front lawn. And everyone knows that professional photos > iPhone photos.
6. Bringing Tie-Dye Back. Along with the flash tats, WGTB Georgetown radio is also hosting a tie-dye booth at the event! Ugh, how retro and awesome is that?!
7. Sunbathing. What better way to bask and enjoy Copley lawn than accompanied by music?
8. Artsy Art. Georgetown students are super talented. Why not see your friends’ art displayed across the lawn? You can tell them how great they are or maybe even discover your new favorite artist. So many possibilities.
9. The Music (duh). What other chance do you have to watch and jam out to student and professional performances? The answer: you don’t. This is your only chance.
10. FOMO. All your friends are going, so why wouldn’t you? You don’t wanna be that one person who missed out on Kickback, as if!
Kickback tickets are on sale now here and are only $10. 4E can’t wait to see you there.
Photos/Gifs: The Corp; giphy.com;