Gone are the days of taking them out to dinner, going for a movie, Netflix and chill (okay so maybe not quite yet). With all the new hip things the kids are doing these days, there are new ~funky~ fresh ways to date. While we don’t have a clue what all the non-millennials are talking about in regards to our “hookup” culture, we do recognize that with all our sleek new technology like “TVs” and “fitbits” we have innovated the art of dating.
Here are 4E’s top picks to seal the deal, get a second date, network in disguise or to make that other guy/gal jealous (but we think this last one is ill-advised and recommend you just try honest communication). Whatever you’re looking for these new hip unconventional tips and tricks are bound to leave you mission accomplished by the end of the day on a
cheap nonexistent budget.
- Attend an info session. Did someone say free pizza?! I mean you said you were going on Facebook so you have to follow through. And, hey, if you’re actually interested you get to kill two birds with one stone. Two interests, one hour. Done.
- The Walking Date. Don’t have time to go to Yates and make time for the love interest? Like #1, be efficient and do both at once! If you’re really into it we suggest taking it to the treadmills. What better way to spend a first date than racing each other while sweating on machines?!
- The One with the Frat Party. It’s Saturday night, you’ve had exams all week and you just want to release all of your tension with a little whip and nae nae-ing but you already told that cute-ish someone you’d hangout with them. Solution: Take them to the party!! What better way to get to know someone that jumping on a couch at Brown House or weaving through a room full of sweaty less-coherent individuals.
- Lau. There’s nothing sexier or more romantic than the basement cubicles… If you think I’m going somewhere physical with this, I’m not. If you really want to show this person you’re hardworking, driven and serious about them bring your homework. Designate separate cubicles for each other and don’t speak for at least 30 minute intervals at a time. You gotta study that orgo, amiright?
- Le Metro. Get super adventurous and take them through the city. Keep it underground of course. Ride it all day if you have to. And if the couple dollars to get on is too much try the GUTS bus, we hear it runs all day and has various stops. If they try to leave after an hour or so continuously assure them that your destination awaits.
gifs: giphy, blog.pof.com