It is that time of year again, graduation is approaching incredibly fast and the weather is just getting better and better. Soon, the Hilltop will be losing some of our favorite students to the “real world”. What even is that?
Wait, are you one of these people? Are you a senior? Do you bleed “Class of ’15” and remember a time before the Heal Fam Stu Cen?!
If so, 4E wants you to be a contributor! Over the next few weeks we will be writing a series of senior-focused posts and we need your input to make them accurate.
Interested? Fill out this form with some answers. We swear they are fun and the perfect way to procrastinate in Lau.
If you are not like me and did not take a million and a half photos this weekend, get ready for your chance to redeem yourself!
Starting yesterday, Apr. 12, and continuing until Friday, Valerie Sanchez Photography will be taking free professional headshots to anyone interested.
While you do need to preregister for this photoshoot, there is nothing else stopping you from taking advantage of this awesome opportunity.
These photoshoots will be happening in the MSB and Heal Fam Stu Cen and the extensive schedule can be found on the Facebook event.
So what could you use these headshots for?
You could use them to update your identification. Why look anything less than flawless?
You can use them to send to your lovers, haters and everyone in between.
You can use them as your new phone, computer, iPad backgrounds.
You can use them to make personalized stickers of your face.
Or you can just Insta it. Likes on likes on likes.
Say goodbye to mediocre and hello to flawless!
Photos/Gifs: giphy.com; tumblr.com; Facebook.com
If you’ve been using Snapchat in the past several months, you’ve obviously noticed their new geofilter feature. Or, if you’re technologically challenged like me, you might have no idea what I’m talking about.
For everyone out there still struggling to understand the new, hip lingo of our generation, I’ll explain. Geofilters essentially allow you to be even more obnoxious about the amazing places you go. (Good thing I didn’t know about this during study abroad!)
Geofilters are small graphic designs that you can add to your original Snapchat photo that specify the location you’re in. For example:
It’s pretty similar to geotagging a post on Facebook or Instagram. Don’t mind me, I’m just in the Bahamas for spring break – we might like your Instagram, but we secretly hate you. It is obnoxious in the best way possible.
So for the jetsetters out there, this is your chance to make everyone even more jealous of you. As for the rest of us who are bound 2 the 202, here are some Georgetown geofilters that 4E believes need to exist. (Note: a Georgetown DC one does exist, but it’s about as basic as they get. We can do better.)
- Lau. All those snaps you send of yourself miserably studying in that cubicle will become that much funnier by letting everyone know exactly where you are. This geofilter definitely needs to be dark and grumpy like the building itself and the constant mood of all its inhabitants.
- Brown house. Those late night regrettable Snapchats will only be more embarrassing by openly admitting that your current location is the infamous Brown house. Although, deep down you know you secretly love it there. Don’t lie. (Just don’t add it to Our Campus Story.)
- The Corp. Each Corp location should probably have its own geotag, and you know that every single one will be super edgy and hipster with a bunch of Corpies doing the designs. Eating that Hilltoss salad? Geotag it! Quick coffee between classes in the ICC? Snapchat it or it didn’t happen!
- Heal Fam Stu Cen. I’m still not really sure what we’re calling this building, but it’s so beautiful that it deserves its own geotag. I’m not sure you could fit all the letter of its name on a Snapchat though. If you could, you would immediately win the Snapchat game.
- Leo’s. The good, the bad, the ugly, the Leo’s geotag would capture all of this. Who needs Instagram when you can Snapchat your Leo’s meals? Am I right?
Well luckily for us, it is apparently now possible to make your own geofilters! So for all the tech kids out there get cracking! Be sure to check this link for more info on how to do it.
I expect to see some great geofilters popping up in my Snapchat inbox soon! And yes, that is a challenge.
Photos/Gifs: support.snapchat.com, https://static5.businessinsider.com/, https://images.businessweek.com/, https://blogs-images.forbes.com/