Between pulling all-nighters on Lau 2 this past week and complaining about how much work you have to do, you may find yourself a little pressed for time for holiday shopping. Perhaps you’ve even forgotten all about the upcoming festivities after spending hours in an isolated little cubicle in the depths of our soul-crushing library. If you’re suddenly finding yourself in a gift-less state of distress thinking, “But what will I get Uncle Jim?!”, then you may want to continue reading.
We’ve gone over some nice ideas for absurd holiday gifts, but if you’re looking for something Hoya-themed, forget googling perfect gift ideas for middle-aged uncles and instead pull up the Georgetown University Bookstore website. They’ve got some pretty great gift options this holiday season, so you’re sure to find something for everyone on your list! The bookstore has an overwhelming number of possibilities, so 4E decided to put together a list of their most versatile and useful options.
- Hoyas Basketball Gnome: Maybe you’re shopping for a family member who’s really into supporting the Hoyas on the court and also happens to value fine lawn decor? This lawn gnome could really bring that WOW factor to a yard. Pretty much anyone on your gift list would be lucky to receive such a treasure.
- Serenity Teapot: Looking for a gift for a particularly calming person? In that case look no further and consider your holiday shopping done. Nothing brings tranquility quite like this Serenity Teapot… plus it holds 24 oz of tea!
- Georgetown Nutcracker: Nothing screams “Tis’ the season!” quite like Nutcrackers. But this isn’t just any Nutcracker, no, this one is Georgetown themed! Can you think of anything that more perfectly combines a love of the holidays and Georgetown?! We can’t…
- Georgetown Hoyas Frisbee: Everyone love playing frisbee, right? Well, maybe. But we’re sure that your younger cousin would be really excited to get a gift like this!
- Life-Sized Jack the Bulldog Statue: You’ve probably seen this statue just sitting in the middle of the bookstore and thought to yourself, “Hey what’s Jack doing here?!”. Upon closer examination you probably realized that it was actually just a freakishly life-like statue and not the real bulldog. But it’s pretty close to the real deal, so why not get it for your animal loving friend? With a price tag of $500 it’s definitely worth every penny.
As you can clearly see, the bookstore should be your one stop shopping spot this year. Feel free to peruse the site because there really wasn’t enough room in this post to include all of their fantastic options (plus it’s a great way to procrastinate even more for that managerial accounting final). Happy Holidays, Hoyas, and remember when all else fails…
Photos: twimg.com, bkstr.com/georgetownstore, bookstorejobs.com; Gif: reactiongifs.com
As the New Year approaches, you may want to start considering some potential resolutions for 2015. Perhaps you want to stop taking Buzzfeed quizzes or going on Netflix binges when you really should be cramming for that Econ exam tomorrow. Or maybe you really feel like you need to shed some dead weight (either figuratively or literally).
If you opt for the latter resolution, and interpret it in a more metaphorical rather than literal sense, then 4E is here to lend you a helping hand as we present the top 5 ways to breakup with your significant other this holiday season.
- The “I got rabies from a reindeer” Text: Shoot your significant other a text informing them that you have recently contracted rabies as you were bit by a wandering reindeer on campus and are no longer able to be involved in the relationship. Make sure you emphasize that it’s not them, it’s really you and your foaming mouth that’s ending things. You’ll seem super considerate for taking on all of the blame for your relationship woes, which your soon to be ex will surely appreciate.
- Choreographed Dance to “Let It Go”: It’s a known fact that everyone loves the element of surprise, especially when it comes to a relationship. So why not make the end of your relationship the biggest surprise of all? Choreograph an entire routine to “Let It Go” with the help of some background dancers, just like all the proposal videos you’ve inevitably watched on Youtube. You can think of it as your anti-proposal for your soon-to-be-ex. This option is a great way to prove just how thoughtful and creative you are, as you put so much effort into your breakup.
- Anti-Pickup Line Candy Gram: Since it’s the holiday season, a lot of groups are selling candy grams all over campus. Swing by one of their stands and purchase one for your significant other. Make sure to include some sort of cheesy anti-pickup line so they know that isn’t your average holiday-themed candy gram. We recommend something along the lines of “Is it hot in here or is this relationship suffocating me?”. While the sting of rejection might hurt, the candy they’ll receive with your witty note is sure to dull the pain!
- Christmas Song Themed Letter: Nothing gets you in the holiday spirit quite like some Christmas carols! Sprinkle some of your favorite lyrics into a traditional breakup letter and you’ll end up with the most festive approach of all. Some lyrical suggestions include: “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas without you” or “Joy to the world, my freedom from you has come”. Make sure to sign the letter with “Have a holly, jolly Christmas!” so they know that you don’t want any hard feelings to exist!
- The “I’m Moving to the North Pole” Convo: When all else fails meet up with your significant other in person and inform them that you are moving to the North Pole to fulfill your lifelong goal of becoming Buddy the Elf. Invest in an elf costume and continually quote the legendary movie throughout your conversation so it seems like you’re being genuine. When your former girlfriend/boyfriend refuses to believe you, pretend to receive a very important phone call and answer by saying “Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?” as you slowly back away and fade out of their life…
It is beginning to look a lot like freedom. And may all your breakups be merry and brief.
Gifs: tumblr.com, reactiongifs.us