A momentous and unruly Georgetown tradition has been forever changed. Well, for the summer, at least. The Tombs has officially closed for renovations and with it many a 21st birthdays, forehead stamps, and traditions suspended until further notice. For many Hoyas, alum, and locals alike, this is an utter tragedy. The night so many have looked forward to, counted down, and dreamed about has been flipped on its head. Left in despair, many of those may be wondering what ever will they do?!
Here are your 25 reasons Epi is the new Tombs this summer:
1. Quesadillas. ‘Nuf said.
2. Doctors. They have a tendency to be young, attractive, and scattered around Epi given its close proximity to their place of employment at the hospital.
3. $3.25 pizza. Mhmmm.
4. The lighting. It’s a bit bright in the main area, but the dark bar provides a nice fun contrast.
5. The dance floor. What, you didn’t know they had one? Turns out the opening between the two rooms is a great place to break it down.
6. The diversity. Undergrads, grad students, drunk freshman, hospital staff, and Georgetown staff: it’s really just a great array of community.
7. The playlist. Epi has jamz!
8. The Darnall geotag. That is all.
9. The hospital. You should never drink past your limit, but on your 21st, there is an even greater tendency for a person to seek medical attention. For this reason, there’s nothing better than a bar that shares a parking lot with a hospital!
10. Burleith. Two words: close proximity.
11. Epi mems. You’re sure to have a ton. Why not add to the archival of weird Epi happenings thus far?
12. Drunk underclassman. They’re great to watch, truly.
13. Free water. >>>>>.
14. Exclusive bar. Feel special in your own 21+ room while your underage friends stay close by.
15. Tombs is closed. NEXT!
16. Epi has milkshakes.
17. And condiments. A vast and endless selection of condiments.
18. Those round tables. Nothing says party like a circular table where you can sit and view all of your friends, and the other room only has rectangular tables.
19. Underage friends. No longer must they mourn your departure at the door, but they can be at hand to help you walk and take part in your debauchery (well, from afar).
20. Sushi bar.
21. Henle. Proximity, proximity, proximity.
22. Epi aesthetic. It’s just one of a kind.
23. People watching. More of the above.
24. You can customize your grilled cheese sandwich.
25. Epi rocks. Let’s be honest: It’s up there with The Tombs. Well, at least in the opinion of an underage person who has never been.
Alas, there’s just one small catch….
Epi closes at 10:30 during the summer. Didn’t we almost have it all?
Gifs: giphy.com, https://www.thehoya.com