If you’re a student at Georgetown, rejection is no stranger. Of course, there’s the most obvious definition of rejection of being turned down by someone who is probably wayyyy out of your league. But there’s another kind that floods your email the start of every semester. That just comes with being a Hoya. Shall we begin?
1. We must first cover the most basic form of rejection. No, that guy/girl did not want to bring you back to his/her dorm from Vil A.
2. When it’s actually harder to get into Georgetown Clubs than it is to get into Georgetown…or Harvard.
3. When you apply to breathe the same air as Michael Phelps, but they didn’t want your ugliness to ruin the shots. Welp, hah! He wasn’t even there.
4. When you’re at Leo’s during its off hours and there’s not even shredded lettuce left. Apparently, even Leo’s doesn’t want to comfort you.
5. When you ask to see your Professor during office hours and he introduces you to his 20-year-old TA.
6. When you go to Brown House and even your 10:0 girl ratio just isn’t good enough.
7. When you finally run into Jack the Bulldog, and his walker says, “No, pictures with Jack. Or touching.”
And there you have it, folks. Don’t forget to stay awesome.
Images: giphy.com, https://bit.ly/2eblaa0