The very first question you get asked as a senior is always, “So what are you going to do after graduation?” Whether it’s other students, coworkers, family friends or that talkative uber driver, you cannot escape the question. Some people you know might smile and explain their super cool job offer, but I am not one of those people.
So for all you seniors out there who have zero idea what you want to do with your life, here are a list of things that I’m going to do after graduation instead of getting a “real job.” Start taking notes.
1. Become a yoga instructor: Can I touch my toes? No. Can I do a headstand? No. But, being a yoga instructor would be the coolest post-grad job ever. Wearing exercise clothing all day and channeling your inner zen? Sign me up!
2. Backpack around Australia: Why Australia? WHY NOT! While you’re wearing suits and dresses, I’ll be wearing kakis and hiking around the Outback. Whose winning now?
3. Be an au-pair in France: I like children and I took French in high school so I’m clearly qualified for this job.
4. Start a dog walking business: I’ll be just like Daniel Radcliffe in The Dogwalker
5. Create a YouTube channel: People do weird things on the Internet. I’m sure I could figure something out.
So there you go, 5 amazing alternatives to getting yourself a 9 — 5 job. Who wants to stare at a screen all day when you can jet around the world and do random activities.
Photos/Gifs: giphy.com, tumblr.com, media.licdn.com