As every TV-addicted Hoya should know, “Scandal” returns this week. I know, I know … try to contain your excitement. I do not know what it is about this show, but I am addicted. Really, really addicted. I thrive on the D.C.-based drama and (as my bio points out) I am obsessed with Olivia Pope. She is perfection in a white trench coat. Oh, and she also happens to be you. Here’s why:
1. You know that at least one person in your grade has a parent in the CIA. Maybe they don’t know, or maybe they are even a spy themselves. The probability of this is so high it is ridiculous. B613, anyone?
2. Crisis managing is your hidden talent. Olivia’s doing it for Pope & Associates. You’re doing it on Lau 2.
3. Like Olivia, you have a rocking fashion sense. All Georgetown students might not rock the white all the time, but we almost always look fab. Dress to impress? Dress for the job you want? I’m dressing to be Olivia Pope.
4. You’re awesome at delegating work and watching it all come together. Georgetown students work hard (and we Netflix even harder). Hoyas all possess the natural skill to command and demand attention. Come on, all of us have at least once delegated tasks and reaped the rewards. Life is a battlefield.
5. She went to Georgetown Law. You went to Georgetown undergrad. You and Olivia Pope are both Hoyas. No, you are Olivia Pope.
So grab your white sweater, your glass of red wine (of course, only if you have already been stamped by Tombs) and get ready to learn from the most awesome power woman (fictional) D.C. has ever seen. Because, essentially, you are her.
2 Replies to “5 Reasons Georgetown Students Really Are Olivia Pope”
RAWR OLIVIA POPE